Crayon has a huge range of competencies around SAM and Software Licensing that allow us to work closely with the vendors. We also work independently of vendors and enforcement agencies to deliver SAM and licence compliance reviews, providing you with an Effective Licence Position (ELP).
An ELP as a result of the Baseline services will provide you with a definitive report in respect of your existing software licence entitlement, relative to your actual software consumption for any vendor. Any licensing anomalies (over licensed or under licensed) will be documented and software that can be 'reharvested' and utilised elsewhere to avoid additional purchases will also be identified, together with a set of recommendations in respect to remedial action.
In addition, our Audit Simulation Service can also provide customers verification that their existing processes would enable them to respond to a vendor approach. Crayon can simulate the vendors approach and assist you the customer in ensuring you have everything in place to respond effectively and accurately.
- A report containing your Effective Licence Position (ELP) for all major vendors. The report details your current position as well as how effective you are at responding to a vendor’s request to audit. Recommendations on how to improve the response time and be more effective are also included
- Make more informed licence procurement decisions based on your actual needs, not your assumed needs
- Strengthen your negotiation position when negotiating licence agreements
- Improve the response times to vendors
- Satisfy vendor audit requests with minimal disruption to the business
- Simulate vendor approach to an audit to ensure you can react accordingly